Parent Support Worker – Gerry Fry – Axe Valley Learning Community
Confidential and Impartial Advice and Support all parents
Friendly family advice, support and guidance
- To provide an accessible service to meet the needs of parents:
- To provide tips and strategies on dealing with challenging behaviour,
- To strengthen relationships and communication between home and school
- To support parents/carers and families during times of transition
What do we do?
Here are some of the things we offer:
- Confidentiality and impartiality
- Help to explain and make referrals to other child support services
- Support when your child is transferring to secondary school
- Support to prepare for or attend meetings, and understanding the DAF Process,
- completing forms or writing letters
- Clear explanations of how schools support children with special educational needs
- Opportunities to meet with other parents/carers via drop in’s, workshops, support groups, parenting
- Support with your child’s school attendance and behaviour
Children do not come with instructions—every child is different.
Almost all families at some point will experience some difficulties.
If you feel you need some support, or someone to talk things through with, please contact: Gerry Fry
07496398656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o The Axe Valley Community College, Chard Street, Axminster, EX13 5EA
Axe Valley Childrens Centre
We are here to bring together a range of services for all families with children under 5 in the Axe Valley area.
You can find us at: The Axe Valley Children’s Centre, Trevelyan Building, Fore Street, Seaton, Devon, EX12 2NA,
Telephone 01297 20542